· The practice scenarios cover a wide spectrum of care work environments including: residential child care; family resource centres; elder care; community child care; and homeless shelters.
· Innovative approach merges theory, skill and attitudes for an overall comprehensive method of best practice in the field
· Facilitates skills-based learning, while also preparing the student for working as part of a multidisciplinary team
· Students are encouraged to apply theories; to think critically; to be reflective in their work
· The text is useful in many contexts: a pedagogical tool for group-based work; professional practice preparation; debriefing; and project work
· Written for students of Applied Social Care at FETAC, degree and postgraduate level
· Also relevant to many other fields of study, including: social work; sociology; social policy; psychology; and healthcare courses.