A unique new book that presents a broad review of the Irish retail sector while delivering unique insights into its operation and the market forces that drive its development.
- Addresses contemporary retail themes and issues within the following subjects:
- Marketing and Branding
- Provides an historical overview of the evolution of retailing in Ireland, its heritage brands and the emergence of modern shopping formats.
- Analyses the productivity and efficiency of Ireland’s distribution model in comparison with international norms.
- Discusses changing consumer trends and characteristics, analysing their impact on the retail offering.
- Presents an overview of the internationalisation of the Irish retail sector.
- Reviews the influence of regulation on retail development in Ireland.
- Explores the impact of technology on decision-making,including location optimisation, customer targeting and online retailing.
- Assesses the rise of collaborative independent retail networks and the role of community-based retailing in the future development of the sector.
- Written by a team of specialist lecturers from the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Students of retailing at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Marketing students taking a specialist retail module
- Retailing practitioners in Ireland