Updated edition of this successful textbook, which introduces the theory andpractice of economics within an Irish and European context, with particular reference to both recent and current economic conditions.
New to this edition:
- New material reflecting the changed economic conditions of the Irish economy resulting from the banking and fiscal crises that began in 2007
- Revised chapter on economic growth and the Irish economy, which includesthe banking crisis and the property crash
- Reflections on the Celtic Tiger era, including causes and consequences
- New section on the eurozone and sovereign debt crisis
- New case studies and questions, with answers now available online
- Continues to provide the reader with a solid theoretical grounding in bothmicroeconomics and macroeconomics
Includes a CD-ROM with interactive graphs, self-test,multiple choice questions and interactive lessons/tutorials.
Students taking economics at degree, diploma or certificate level.