The preparation and presentation of consolidated financial statements is a large and complex area of study which forms an integral part of the financial accounting/corporate reporting syllabi of the accountancy bodies and most accounting, commerce and business studies degree programmes.
Written and designed to make consolidation more approachable for the student, this book leads the reader, using a step-by-step approach, through the consolidation of financial statements, supported by numerous examples, comprehensive questions and fully worked solutions including those from past professional accountancy examination papers.
The contents include:
• Why Consolidate Financial Statements?
• Accounting for Investments
• The Consolidated Statement of Financial Position: Accounting for Subsidiaries
• The Consolidated Statement of Financial Position: Complications
• The Statement of Financial Position Accounting for Associates
• The Statement of Financial Position Accounting for Joint Ventures
• The Statement of Comprehensive Income and The Statement of Changes in Equity
• Statement of Comprehensive Income and Statement of Changes in Equity: Complications
• IFRS 3 Business Combinations
• Foreign Operations
• Consolidated Statements of Cash Flows
• Disposal of Subsidiaries
• Exam-style Questions and Solutions